|Dominic J. Maltese, Jr., ASPE, CPE
|Andrew D. Maltese
| Christopher K. Maltese
|Joseph A. Maltese
Dominic J. Maltese, Jr., ASPE, CPE
Dominic has worked in virtually all aspects of the design and construction of buildings and facilities during the past twenty years. He has developed condominiums and apartment projects and is well-versed in a variety of construction methods. His work includes: the design and engineering of new construction, renovation, adaptive reuse and remodeling, manufacturing facilities and building restoration.
Dominic has completed all levels of project cost estimating and scheduling including the overall management of projects. Projects have included: retailing, restaurants, multi-family, all types of office facilities, industrial, schools, clinics, hospitals, manufacturing, and luxury residential work.
A few of his more recent projects include the Project Management of The Reserve in Birmingham, Michigan and the design and build of three new upscale two story office buildings in Plymouth, Michigan. Other projects have included the construction management of a new cardiac care facility in West Dearborn, the construction management and renovation of an art gallery in Detroit, a new rare temple in Farmington Hills, and a $20 million industrial facility in Dearborn for a prominent steel corporation. His design and build experience is extensive, including: a church renovation in Detroit, a large industrial building addition in Detroit, and a multi-million dollar Japanese industrial facility located in Livonia, Michigan. Other work has included the multi-million dollar adaptive reuse of a 40,000 square foot house into a “world-class” restaurant and the master planning of Detroit’s Orchestra Hall restoration and new facilities exceeding a total of $35 million.
Dominic’s residential experience is diversified. His more recent residential new construction projects include a new upscale waterfront home in West Bloomfield, Michigan, a subdivision of homes in Plymouth Township, Michigan and Carleton, Michigan. Others have included luxury homes in Grosse Ile, the Village of Orchard Lake, and Bloomfield Hills. His residential remodeling projects have varied from a complete restoration and renovation of a carriage house dating back to the 1800s to simple one to two-room remodeling projects.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Professional Estimator; CPE, American Society of Professional Estimators
- Registered Builder – State of Michigan
- Associate of Science, HFCC, Dearborn Construction Technology, Dearborn, MI
- Civil Engineering, Administration, U.S.A.N.G., Selfridge, MI
- Fordson High, Dearborn, MI
- Building Inspections (1987)
- Construction Consultant (1984)
- Construction Manager (1983)
- Licensed Builder (1975)
- Cost Estimator (1973)
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), Detroit Chapter: President (1999), Vice President (1990-98) Membership Chairman (1989-90).
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), national organization: Executive Board (1992-98)
- American Society of Professional Estimators (1994), President (1994-1995)
- Construction Association of Michigan (CAM), Member (1976-99)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA), Professional Affiliate (1988-99)
- Professional Master Builder, Building Industry Association of SE Michigan
- Professional Master Remodeler, Building Industry Association of SE Michigan
- Dearborn Chamber of Commerce, Past Officer (1976)
Joseph A. Maltese
During the past twenty (20) years, Joseph has worked in virtually all aspects of the field supervision on construction of buildings and facilities. His work has included management of condominiums and apartment projects, new construction, renovation, adaptive reuse and remodeling, and manufacturing facilities and building restoration.
Joseph began his career in construction in the mid-1970s working with his father as a licensed builder. In the early 1980s, Joseph redirected his career focus and took the role of D.J. Maltese’s administrator of company financial and employee affairs. His expertise in shaping the financial success of D.J. Maltese is evident in the steady growth of the firm throughout the last thirty years.
While continuing to maintain his administrative functions at D.J. Maltese, Joseph also began two successful ventures with his brother Dominic: a development company and a specialties advertising and marketing firm. The latter, WhiteRock Specialties, has flourished under his direction, providing services to a wide array of public and private Michigan companies.
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Builder, State of Michigan (1975)
- Construction Manager (1984)
- General Contractor (1977)
Joseph continues to be actively involved in several professional and community groups. He has been a member and officer of the Dearborn Chamber of Commerce since 1976, and is currently a director of the Promotional Products Association International (PPAI). He has, additionally, been a member of the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) since 1976.